Resources for Scholars
- TRANSFORM Ombudspersons:
Peter Dayan, MD, MSc
Robert Fullilove, EdD
Ismee Williams, MD, MS
Mailman School of Public Health: Support for Mentoring
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty
- Based on courses held in 2002 and 2005 by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Burroughs Wellcome Fund, this book is a collection of practical advice and experiences from seasoned biomedical investigators.
- Advancing institutional efforts to support research mentorship: a conceptual framework and self-assessment tool
- Nature's guide for mentors
- Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research (IPPCR) – A professor lectures in real time or the 2011-2012 archive videos are available. Enrollment required for current year's course. Course runs from October- March. Previous year is available at any time (Access the 2011-2012 video archive).
- University of Iowa Institute for Clinical and Translational Sciences – Clinical Research Professionals Basic Certificate Course (through the ICTS Virtual University – account creation/login required). Provides basic introduction to clinical research. Also has courses on bioethics, genetics and pharmacology.
- NIH Grants & Funding – About Grants: Site which provides the investigator with grant writing guidance, strategy and instruction.
- CTSpedia is a collaborative vehicle for the CTSA's Biostatistics/Epidemiology/Research/Design (BERD) Online Resources and Education taskforce to identify and share resources across the national consortium and community researchers world-wide. BERD Educational Materials links to biostats course materials, searchable by keyword, format, audience, etc., submitted by many consortium institutions.
- NIH Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Research – Full links to 2012 course including syllabus, readings, video-casts, and podcasts of lectures. 2013 course registers in summer.
- CTSA Central Education and Training resources – links to various resources at CTSA consortium institutions.