Serge Cremers, PhD
- LC/MS/MS (Liquid Chromatography tandem Mass Spectrometry)
- GC/MS (Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry)
- HPLC/UVD/FLD/ECD (High Performance Liquid Chromatography with ultraviolet, fluorescence and electrochemical detection)
- AAS (Atomic Absorption Spectrometry)
- RIA (RadioImmunoAssay)
- ELISA (Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent assay)
- Luminex (multiplex analyzer)
- Automated (immuno-)chemistry-analyzers
Specific areas of present expertise within the Biomarkers Core Laboratory include:
- Bone and mineral metabolism
- Metabolism and epidemiology (with an emphasis on atherosclerosis and insulin resistance/diabetes)
- Cytokine/Cytokine receptors/neurotransmitters
- Reproductive biology; cancer chemotherapy
- Toxicology and pharmacokinetics
The Biomarkers Core Laboratory features a constantly growing number of over 125 assays, and planned collaborations with the Department of Pathology will further expand the amount of techniques and assays offered. If an assay is not available within the Biomarkers Core Laboratory, we will develop it in-house or assist in identifying a laboratory that performs the assay at a reasonable cost.
We work to ensure reasonably priced, cost efficient assays.
For availability of assays, please send an email to the Laboratory Director, Serge Cremers, PhD, (firstname.lastname@example.org), contact the laboratory at 212-305-9287, or submit a request.