Bionutrition Research Core
|Wahida Karmally, DrPH, RD, CDE, CLS, Director
|Paulette Schneider, Diet Technician
|Atheer, Yacoub MS, RD, Research Nutritionist
|Leila Ispahany, Research Diet Technician
622 West 168 Street
Floor 10, Room 310
Phone: (212) 305-6639
Fax: (212) 305-3213
- Assisting investigators with research design, implementation, data collection and analysis.
- Exicuting controlled feeding studies (via meals prepared on site or outsourced as appropriate) and metabolic studies.
- Facilitating and monitoring subject compliance.
- Performing nutrition assessment and nutrient intake collection and training study personnel on using Nutrient Data Systems (NDS, University of Minnesota) for nutrient analysis.
- Counseling study participants, conducting anthropometric and body composition measurements.
- Educating professional and non-professional staff, study participants, medical residents, Doris Duke fellows, students from the College of Physicians & Surgeons, College of Dental Medicine rand from the Institute of Human Nutrition, dietetic interns from Teachers' College, NYPH and the public.
What others say:
Wesley J. Howe Professor of Neurology
Associate Professor, Clinical Pediatrics and Medicine
Rudolph L. Leibel, MD
Professor, Pediatrics and Medicine
Director, Division of Molecular Genetics and the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center
Joseph Tenenbaum, MD
Edgar M. Leifer Professor of Clinical Medicine
Listen to Dr. Wahida Karmally discuss how the body processes sugar and its affect on our health and waistlines on the Leonard Lopate show
(original air date: Friday, April 2, 2010):
On Friday, January 22, 2010, Wahida Karmally testified on behalf of the American Diabetes Association in support of calorie labeling and the banning of trans fats in New York State. Click here to view her testimony.
Read Dr. Wahida Karmally’s article in Physician’s Weekly, “Setting the Stage for Good Nutrition in Diabetes.”